This Fender Jazz Bass was made in the USA in 1968. This is a very rare bass with a factory black finish, matching headstock, black blocks, and maple cap neck. Virtually all 1968 Jazz Basses have a rosewood fretboard. The bass does have a lot of modifications:
- while the black finish is original, there are numerous areas on the body where it has been touched up
- refretted and fretboard refinished
- original tuners but the bass had other tuners at some point
- pickups are original late 60's Fender Jazz Bass pickups but not original to this bass
- Changed pots, cap, and input jack
- Bridge appears original but the bass was previously routed for a Badass bridge and then filled and touched up
- Changed pickguard
- There is additional routing under the pickguard
Despite these issues the bass is a great playing and sounding instrument. It weighs 8 pounds, 15 ounces. It has been pro-setup in our shop. It comes with the original case.
Please reach out to us if you would like to make an offer or discuss different payment options. United States shipping rates are automatically calculated by UPS based on location at checkout. Call or email the shop directly for all international orders and shipping quotes.